For more than 90 years, the Batangas Provincial Hospital has never been static. It was constructed in 1927 and began to be a teaching and training hospital in 1962. It was eventually changed to Batangas Regional Hospital in 1973 and major Specialties were later became Board accredited.
In 1991, the Section of Urology under the Department of Surgery was started and Dr. Pacifico M. Garcia, Jr. was assigned as the Section Head. He was the first Urology Consultant tasked to teach rotating Surgery Residents as part of their subspecialty rotation in the Section. Several years later, Dr. Danilo Vergara and Dr. Roderick Reyes were admitted as Consultants of the Section. Urological case conferences were incorporated in the regular activities of the Department of Surgery.
In 2009, the hospital capacity has expanded and was renamed Batangas Medical Center.
Due to the rising number of Urological cases in our hospital, the Section admitted additional Urology Consultant staff with various subspecialties. It was in 2018 that the Section decided to apply for an accredited training program in Urology and was granted approval as Level 1 training institution by the Philippine Board of Urology.
“To be the premier referral center and accredited training institution in Urology, providing excellent care to patients in Region IV”
We are leaders in training and research, producing competent Specialists and innovating surgical techniques in Urology.
We are healers, preventing disease, restoring patients’ health, and improving quality of life.
Stone Surgery: Open Nephrolithotomy, Pyelolithotomy, Ureterolithotomy, Cystolithotomy
Minimally Invasive Surgery: Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy, Ureteroscopy with ICL
Surgery for Genitourinary Malignancies: Radical Nephrectomy, Radical Cystectomy, Radical Prostatectomy
TURP, TURBT, TUIBN, Prostate Biopsy, DVIU
Female Urology and Voiding Problems
Surgery for External Genitalia and Scrotum
Requirements for Application for Training:
- Letter of intent addressed to the Section Chief of Urology and Chairman of the Department of Surgery
- A certificate that the applicant has completed at least two years of General Surgery residency, properly accredited by the Philippine Board of Surgery
- Philippine Regulatory Commission Medical Board Rating
- Photocopy applicant’s Medical License
- Photocopy of Medical School Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records of the applicant’s medical school
- At least two letters of recommendation, preferably from a Urologist
- Properly accomplished Application Form with two 2×2 pictures